Tuesday 1 December 2009

Development Of Essential Skills

Skills Development


Throughout the course I have developed my skills considerably. The preliminary tasks have enabled me to build up skills necessary for my main task.
· I know have key understanding of different camera angles and movement and how each one is effective in different ways, for example I now know the importance of high angle shots to emphasise vulnerability of characters and low angle shots to emphasise power of dominance of characters. I now feel confident with the camera and my abilities to create an effective shot.
· I know realise how vital the planning stage is in order for your product to become a success, a well thought out scene should have a storyboard created for it, as you then have a visual aid when it comes to filming, a storyboard is a great device to use when filming as it contains information of what the scene includes and how each shot continues into the next.
· Before starting the practice tasks I was unaware how essential the editing stage is also, I feel that now I have experienced this I am aware that editing is essential in the continuity of a product, even if it is just in a small scene, various cuts of shots are needed in a sequence to make it effective. The way in which the editing stage is carried out has a substantial effect on the finished product and must be done in a very efficient way in order for the product to be able to be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment